Monday, May 12, 2008

Really good day today:)


I read Martha's blog yesterday, and she wrote that her hubby makes a great granola. The story brings back memories from my teenage years. Many of you may know of Natural Ovens Bakery, run by Paul Stitt from Manitowoc. Well, my friends Mary and Angie and I babysat his children from his first marriage, because he lived 3 doors down on the lake. He was a chemistry major then, I believe. He gave me a whey product (while he was trying out recipes for his granola) to feed to my pet mice. The ones that ate the whey grew twice as large as the rest. It was fun then...now I wish I knew what I gave the critters. Anyway, he remarried and built a house on the lake next to brother Jeff's land. It is a circular home and very different. Natural Ovens makes a great granola that is pricey, but stays with you all morning. As for today, I visited with my autistic client, and brought the family a bible that they requested...seems they lost theirs. I was tired after 8 hours, but felt pretty good overall. It really helps to have the sun come up early.
Photo is one from the performance of Snow White. Not a good photo. We were not supposed to take any photos, and Paul's camera was not set for action shots.

No comments: