Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day services...

This has been such a neat day. Our blended families know many who serve (or served) in the military, and we remember their contributions today. The mass this morning was very nice, as was the parade, per Paul and Elle. I couldn't attend the parade. I had a client running a fever, one who was bed bound due to a body shell that's being reworked, and one who went out with her family. We had no one left that could go. The only possible person had been up all night, and fell asleep at 7:10 AM, so we couldn't wake him...he was toast. The other staff and I grilled out, and brought the group home folks outside and entertained them with bubbles, games and such. Tonight I took Dustin to Subway for his favorite sub, and spent a few hours in the camper playing cards with him. We're going camping this weekend, but he's never been camping before, so I've been spending time playing games and relaxing there so he feels comfortable. I hope he enjoys the camping trip. Paul, Elle and I enjoyed watching a concert of Eva's tonight, on a local channel, and Henry and Earl spent the day outdoors, so were pooped out tonight:) Henry is featured in the KFIZ newsletter. Go here if you'd like to see the pic. http://newsletter.kfiz.com./

No comments: