Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Funny...thanks to John for passing it along!

> >> Julie Andrews Turns 69. This is really good. I hope you enjoy it.
> >>
> >> To commemorate her birthday, actress/vocalist, Julie Andrews made a
> >> special appearance at Manhattan 's Radio City Music Hall for the
> >> benefit of the AARP. > >> One of the musical numbers she performed was 'My Favorite Things' > >> from the legendary movie 'Sound Of Music'. Here are the lyrics
> >> she used: (Sing It!) - If you sing it, its especially hysterical!!!
> >>
> >> Maalox and nose drops and needles for knitting,
> >> Walkers and handrails and new dental fittings,
> >> Bundles of magazines tied up in string,
> >> These are a few of my favorite things.
> >>
> >> Cadillacs and cataracts ,and hearing aids and glasses,
> >> Polident and Fixodent and false teeth in glasses,
> >> Pacemakers, golf carts and porches with swings,
> >> These are a few of my favorite things.
> >>
> >> When the pipes leak, When the bones creak,
> >> When the knees go bad,
> >> I simply remember my favorite things,
> >> And then I don't feel so bad.
> >>
> >> Hot tea and crumpets and corn pads for bunions,
> >> No spicy hot food or food cooked with onions,
> >> Bathrobes and heating pads and hot meals they bring,
> >> These are a few of my favorite things.
> >>
> >> Back pain, confused brains and no need for sinnin',
> >> Thin bones and fractures and hair that is thinnin',
> >> And we won't mention our short shrunken frames,
> >> When we remember our favorite things.
> >>
> >> When the joints ache, When the hips break,
> >> When the eyes grow dim,
> >> Then I remember the great life I've had,
> >> And then I don't feel so bad.
> >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >> >
> >> (Ms. Andrews received a standing ovation from the crowd that lasted over four minutes and repeated encores. Please share Ms. Andrews' clever wit and humor with others who would appreciate it.)

No comments: