Tuesday, January 15, 2008

when it rains

When it rains, it pours. This week I was finishing up last minute paperwork for the autism group home management position, when I got a call from a former boss. A woman wanted private help for her husband who suffers from Alzheimer's. So I'm working days with him until the group home position starts. I wish there were 2 of me...I have much more work than I can handle. I had a nice long break however, so I'm really anxious to get working again. I lost a good friend this week after a few weeks in hospice. Ellie loved to play cards with her when we'd visit. Rest in peace Evelyn, we'll miss your kind and gentle spirit. Eva is singing for the funeral tomorrow, and Paul will play. On the home front, Paul and I are dieting and exercising, trying to recapture our most healthy and successful year of 2001. So far, Paul's lost 4 pounds and I've lost 7. Encouraging. If the pack wins next week, we've decided to host the super bowl party for our friends. I must get creative with healthy snacks...no cheating!

No comments: