Wednesday, January 30, 2008

still stuck

The wind has passed, but the cold is still with us. Holy Family staff went home early today because they had no heat in the office. Amazing. A brand new structure like that and they have problems already. The good news is that everything is warrantied and will be fixed, but still:( Work today was a true 'baptism by fire.' Everything went wrong. Everything. From weather related problems, to a resident acting out sexually, we had it all. On the whole however, I'm encouraged. I managed the situations as I went along. I also scored 100 percent in my medical management quiz as well as the state statutes and confidentiality quizzes. My TB test and drug screening was negative, hello... what a waste of time and money...and I'm signed up to attend an autism seminar at Marian on Saturday. Although today was difficult, it was very much a learning experience. A very special "hello" goes out to Martha, Val and Stan's daughter from Tennessee, who's on board with blogging now. She's got 2 young girls, both talented musicians, and we're looking forward to her blog. Maybe she can share some of those scrumptious southern recipes, y'all! Love you Martha.

No comments: