Friday, January 18, 2008

getting ready for the weekend

Spent an 8 hour day with "Jack" and now I'm gearing up for my respite weekend with the 13 year-old special needs boy, who I'll pick up at 6PM. Ellie's giving up her bedroom and bunking in with Eva. Aliyah can't wait, because the boy loves Nintendo, and Aliyah will have a partner. His social worker says he loves animals, so he'll be in heaven here:) He'll be with us until Sunday evening, at which time we'll "switch gears" and have a combination BBQ and Packer tailgate party:) Can't wait. Everything, EVERYTHING is the Pac right now. Restaurants are closing down so the workers can go home and watch the game. Even Schreiners, a landmark here in town, is closing at 5. It reminds me of the super bowl of 1997. You could literally lay on Main Street and not see a car for hours. Elise and friend Emily actually did just that! Paul and I continue in our healthier diets, with 7 and 9 pounds lost respectively. Woo hoo;)

No comments: