Monday, January 7, 2008

Up all night...

I must admit to being up all night last night. I was thinking about the first funeral that Paul played for 25 years ago. It was for a woman who was shot by her husband. The husband was at the funeral, seated at the back of church with a jumpsuit on. He suffered from alcoholism, and also a brain aneurysm. Anyway he just died this week, after spending 10 years in prison, several years in a group home (where I first met him,) and the remaining years of his life on probation. He was really a wonderful human being...just a great father and grandfather. I'll miss him. Eva says she really doesn't understand. It's hard to explain, I suppose. He was the easiest man to talk to...very spiritual and contemplative, and did so much for others in his situation. He never denied his responsibility. Rest in peace friend. A shout out to friend Jane here. How funny that you've come back into my life at this juncture. You also know this story. How neat that you can share this history with me.

No comments: