Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Painting coming along...

LOTS of paint smell, but it's coming along nicely. Eva, Elle and Paul worked while I was at work, then I did some trim. Hopefully the job will be done today. We have to pick up the new furniture today also. Just 1/2 day at Holy Family today, and only mildly busy. I did hospice visits, followed by e-mailing my prison mentor group about an upcoming speaker at our July meeting. I'm scheduled to bring "light"
refreshments...whatever that means! (No such thing in my family:) I'm looking forward to it, should be interesting. The speaker is highlighting issues of the dually diagnosed, and of course, when they come to us they've been through the prison system, so their problems are compounded. Interestingly, one of our newest mentees lives across from Stanley, so I can visit her when I leave him twice a week.
Old McTavish is really slowing down. The last few nights we had to help him get up to get a drink, and to go outside. His "arf"ritis is getting much worse, and of course over the last year he's lost his hearing, so I fear he's not long for this world. We're giving him an anti-inflammatory, so maybe tonight will be better.

No comments: