Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I left Paul cutting grass this morning (his official day off) while I began the day at Holy Family. I did hospital visits this AM, and was surprised to see a classmate of Elise's, just 23 years old. Apparently, he had a serious bowel infection, and an operation showed damage to the bowel and stomach...his scar is 13 inches long! Poor kid, he also had a kidney replaced 4 years ago. Also saw 2 new babies, that's always fun. Watched a new dad change baby for the first time! Afterward, I called Brian Carter over at Fond du Lac Seafood to ask about the next shipment of halibut. Koke is having a farewell celebration for Mike, before he returns to Iraq, and halibut's on the menu. It'll be in on Thursday, so I guess the party's Thursday guys! (Koke's house;) Unfortunately for me, that's opening night of Music Man, so I'll be here in Fondy. But I'll be there in spirit...have a beverage on me! This afternoon, I have to work on the Blood Drive we're having (parish wide) in November...lots and lots of planning involved, but we have help from Blood Center of Wisconsin, and Catholic Charities of Milwaukee Archdiocese. Anyone in town who wants to help, we still need help in the canteen (sandwiches and juice are provided, but we need servers.)

No comments: