Sunday, July 22, 2007

Krissy's info, in case you don"t know...

Julie,

Bad news on our end.

Do you remember my arm surgery in 2002? If you don't here is a refresher. I broke my wrist at school and went to numerous doctors and er's over the course of 8 months and everyone kept saying "its not broken, just sprained..." over and over and over. Then I finally went to Dr. Kuester in Manty and he said " i dont think it is broken, but there is something going on here". he sent me to the mayo clinic to see dr. cooney. who, by the way, was the fist surgeon ever to reattach a severed human arm. He is rated one of the top hand surgeons in the world. i felt SUPER safe. ANYWAY, not only did he discover that indeed my wrist was broken in 3 places, but my ulna was completely detached from the rest of my arm...basically just free floating in and out of place in my arm. so they sliced and diced me, took out tendons from my leg and jerry-rigged up my wrist. all went well, except my reaction to anesthesia, and i healed to 100%. Well, last night at work I fell. I went down for Xrays and sure enough, the doc told me that everything they did at Mayo was now undone. and once again, my ulna is completely detached and floating. He called DeRoos, an ortho guy and they put me in a nice cluncky splint. Where from here? i see Dr. DeRoos tomorrow and he will more than likely be referring my back to Dr. Cooney for ANOTHER major reconstruction. :*( Since you always know the scoop i thought i'd fill you in on this one. love you ~pissy pants

P.S. the doc told me that for now, one of the best things i can do is swim to strengthen my muscles so i'll be coming over soon! hahaha

No comments: