Thursday, February 19, 2009

"potty" buddies have a big day


As many of you know, Henry is potty trained. He says 'potty' when he has to go, or pulls my ear if he is on my shoulder. Well lately I've been thinking of potty training Earl. Although a sweet and gentle creature, Earl is a 'dim bulb' so to speak, and I knew it would be nearly impossible to train him to poop over the potty. I started with Earl and Henry in the bathroom, for many trials...a dozen or so a day. I put Henry over the potty first. Earl would watch, but seemed clueless. He just didn't get it. Today, Henry put his 'poop' in the potty as instructed, and Earl just watched. Again, I put Earl over the potty. He actually went. All the bells and whistles went off! But not before Henry said, "Good boy, Earl." This was SO cool, as I didn't say it first. Wow. I still can't believe it. Now, if we can only make it happen twice:)

No comments: