Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Wonderful story from James...thanks for sharing:)

People often question why I do barbershop. While this story is not about my own quartet, it is a classic example of the power that music has to affect the lives of those around us. May we all be so lucky to affect someone's life like this using whatever gift we have been given...
>>James

On 4/14/08 3:39 PM, "Shane Scott" wrote:

> Jim-
> Like many others, last summer I was deeply moved by your message > about barbershop as a ministry rather than a hobby. I wanted to share > my recent "gold medal moment" with you. My quartet had a show this > past weekend in Baltimore, MD. We were blown away by the audience > reception. They responded to every gag we did, and it was by far the > most fun I have ever had on stage. At the afterglow held at Cici's > pizza (I could eat a truckload of that cinnamon stuff they make) an older lady came up to me and said that her mother had recently passed > away. She had cared for her in her home for eight years, and the loss > was devastating. She said that since her mother had died two months > ago she had not laughed - until our performance. And she just wanted > to thank us.
>
> You can imagine how her words moved me. Later that night before she > left she came over to thank us again, and I gave her a hug and thanked her for making our weekend. Here is a Scripture that I think goes hand in hand with what you said last summer- and thanks again!
>
> "As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good > stewards of God's varied grace: whoever speaks, as one who speaks > oracles of God; whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever.
> Amen." 1 Peter 4:10-11
>

No comments: