Thursday, April 24, 2008

interesting day


Thanks to Paul for changing a flat for me today. It's not that I couldn't do it, it's just that I noticed it while at work and I was the only staff. I couldn't leave my residents and fool with it. Paul had trouble getting the spare out. Actually we never have had to take it out before this. Compounding the problem, the lug nuts on the flat tire were so tight that I thought Paul would blow a gasket getting them off:) We decided to take the flat off and take it in to be repaired. Just down the road from the group home is a new house going up. There's lots of crap in the road, and I'm sure I ran over something. Anyway, thanks to Paul for taking it in, repairing it and putting it back on. This all happened after 8 PM and in pouring rain. He'll sleep well tonight. Also, thoughts and prayers go out to Elise who is suffering from a severe kidney and bladder infection, as well as a sinus infection and possibly strep. She has been prone to kidney problems (like Koko and Krissy) since she was little. The Dr. gave her a script and she's off from work for 2 days to rest. I feel badly that I've been so sick myself and may have passed the strep to her. Who knows? Sorry Elise. On a lighter side, I was able to visit a little with Stan this morning. Couldn't do as much as I'd planned...I'm not up to 100 percent after my latest bout with illness. It's always nice catching up with him. Stan and I like to talk religion, and find we have a lot in common, although we're Catholic and Methodist. We find similarities in music mostly. Neat. Like my Dad used to say, "we're all on the same side."
Photo is of Mctavish as a pup, already guarding a 2-year-old sleeping Ellie. He's getting old fast, and I just thought this photo was nice. He's been such a good companion to the girls for the past 13 years. My two babies.

No comments: