Tuesday, April 15, 2008

the case of the break-in bandit:)

Oh my gosh. After school today I took Aliyah to Buttermilk Park to play on the jungle gym. She was excited to get to the swings, and ran ahead of me. Turns out, after days of rain and melting, the grass was like a swamp just in front of the equipment. Aliyah tumbled down into the water, and was completely soaked. We were only about a mile away from her house, so having a key, I decided to head over to get some dry clothes. Minnie has a security system, but seldom puts it on at night, since she only works a few hours at her second job. So when I heard the beep, I assumed it was because the door had opened. Aliyah and I found the dry pants, underwear and socks, and left. While we were in the car, Aliyah mentioned that her Mom had started to deploy the security system lately, because 2 boys tried to break into a nearby church. So I worried that maybe I set off the alarm, and headed back. When I drove up to the house, I was immediately surrounded by 3 squad cars and a barrage of policemen. They asked me to 'exit the vehicle and back up.' After a lot of explaining, and a call and visit to Minnie's workplace, they let me go. I was relieved to find out that there are no active warrants out for my arrest, and that my vehicle was not stolen!

No comments: