Tuesday, February 5, 2008

things going smoothly

Except for the major snowstorm, things are going smoothly. I'm settling in to the new job nicely, and my Alzheimer's client is being considered for placement at a nearby home. Then life should be less hectic. "Jack" fell today at home, and I needed his wife (an RN who works for the school system) to come home and help with getting him off of the floor. He's a big guy, with a compromised left arm and shoulder, so it was difficult. Basically he just went down walking from the LR to the kitchen. His wife said he is very unsteady, so this was not unexpected. He was a good sport, and really tried to help us. His dog got into something outside (we think a dead rodent) and vomited on the rug at the same time of the fall:( Tomorrow will certainly be a snow day. Hit me with it! I intend to sleep, sleep and sleep some more.

No comments: