Friday, February 8, 2008

slowing down


I'm slowing down to the weekend. I have off but plan to visit Stan at the farm, and also help out Minnie with her nephew Cameron. It will feel like a vacation, due to the schedule of the past week. "Jack" is going to go to a facility sooner than expected, leaving home on Wednesday. I'll see him on Tuesday, and hope to ease the transition. On another front, I'm feeling good about the group home. One of the autistic clients, a young man, sat with me tonight for 1 and 1/2 hours and spoke to me in sentences. Although short sentences, he's never done this before, and had regressed to single words with staff. I am encouraged. The photo today was taken by Eva. I thought it was nice. The weather channel says we've only had 11 minutes of sun this month! Unbelievable. This weekend is promising minus 40. Let's all believe in the early spring. I can't remember when we've had so much ice on the swimming pool.

No comments: