Friday, June 27, 2008

training day and missing Val


Today was a busy day at work. While I trained a new employee, we had another plumbing emergency. When we were finished cleaning that up, we had a nice outing for lunch and to the 'Y' with the autistic client. Everything went well. Aliyah, Elle, Eva and I are heading to Oshkosh to do a little shopping and attend some of the Country USA concerts, and afterward plan a long swim. It has been so warm that we've been swimming far into the evening. Tomorrow we plan more work in the basement to organize what is left, and then a trip to Stan's to put in a few more plants. The tomatoes are growing nicely. I have 13 tomatoes on one plant. The basil is also quite large, and the hot peppers are doing great. Just love to watch the garden grow:) 'Hello' goes out to sister-in-law Kathy, brother-in-law Bob and nephew Erik, who called recently on a soccer road trip. Paul had a nice conversation with the folks, and laughed alot when he was talking to them. Perhaps I can get Paul to share a story or two here...he is not much to write a journal. We'll see:) By the way, I have neglected my personal journal (not online) and have new energy to continue thanks to Val's journal. Stan and I always read her journal and enjoy reminiscing. She wrote regularly, not necessarily everyday, and always seemed to be able to 'catch up' with life's important moments. She was the neatest lady. I miss her very much, but especially miss her gentle look when she saw a child or a kitten. She just lit up:)

1 comment:

Wanda Eichler said...

Hi Julie --

Just found your blog and am so grateful for your remembrance of my Mom. Maybe will see you this weekend as we come to Wisconsin for Howard Hayes' funeral.

Blessings, Wanda