Tuesday, November 6, 2007

kitty Carmen


I didn't have a nice photo of Carmen until now. She's Elise's kitty who lives here. She is a sweetheart, and prefers to cuddle with Ellie. The woolen in the background is from Ireland... a souvenir from our recent trip. Lots of news for today. First of all, Elle and I are gimpy following a couple of mishaps. Yesterday was quite blustery; 40 mile per hour gusts. While at the grocery store, a runaway cart hit me in the arm just as I was closing the hatchback. This forced my wrist into the hatchback as it was closing. Ouch. I thought for sure I had broken my wrist. I managed to get home, driving left-handed only, and put ice on it for an hour. Still hurts like the dickens, but can't be broken, because the fingers all move. Freak accident, I guess. Elle hurt her back (middle upper) while performing a gymnastics move during jazz and hiphop. It happened near the beginning of class, and she bravely (or stupidly) finished without a complaint. She is now suffering. She's taking an anti-inflammatory and soaking in the hot tub. We're a pair. On a lighter note, all the invites are done for the wedding. Everything is pretty well set. I bought shoes today, and Elise bought a rehearsal dress. I received several cards from staff, all wishing me well in the new job. They are a great group of people. I really will miss them. Tonight we used some of Stan's apples and made an apple crisp, which was delicious. A big thanks to Stan for a winter full of apples.

No comments: