Monday, November 19, 2007

Happy Birthday to Aliyah!


Our dear Aliyah is 8 years old today! (This is incredible, because she was born at 6 months gestation, and weighed 1 pound and 13 ounces.) She was all fired up, doing cartwheels on the floor, and asking for seconds of ice cream cake. It made me remember when I was 8. I had a birthday party with all of the girls from St. Boniface School. We all went outside to play games, except for Stephanie Held, who stayed behind and ate all of the frosting off the cake! It's funny the things you remember. We played "button, button, who's got the button" and "clothespins in a bottle." I was good at that...I always had good eyes. I remember Mom Marilyn made sloppy joes, and all the girls came to the party with dresses on. Friend Mary had a fresh perm. She was cute, as usual. I always admired her blonde hair. Isn't it funny, we always want what we don't have? Birthday wishes to our Aliyah...we love her:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just want to say that little aliyah
is very special to me and i and thy
lord god will all-ways be with her
sweet blessings baby.