Friday, May 6, 2011

Ugh!





I've waited for Elise and Belle to return home before tackling the terrace lawn. The city 'seeded' it after the new road went in, and all the way down the block it is nothing but weeds. Everyone is either reseeding, weed and feeding, or doing a combination. On a brighter note, I've planted my herbs indoors and they are starting to pop up. Can't wait for this weekend and no more danger of frost to put them outside. Elle is a busy girl today with a musical performance at Madison's capitol, and then another in Depere, which will give her a 14 hour day. She did an excellent job on Saturday at state competition earning 9 first place awards, including 2 exemplary merits for her musical theater piece and her sax solo. Eva is busy also with finals at Marian and then singing for graduation. My Saturday will be consumed with the Derby, as I am truly a horse racing fan. In 1993 I picked the trifecta, and was super excited, although I never wage any money. Still I like to study the animals and their breeders, especially after a trip to Belle Meade stables when Elle was in fifth grade:) I have all sorts of little projects around the house too, including finishing the exterior painting, and fixing the extra room for Elise's next visit with the new baby. (To the locals, just a reminder about the upcoming opera concert in the park the last Wednesday in July. It should be very good.) This morning I am meeting with the personal trainer at the gym, and then off to lunch with friends, and finally starting the work on the lawn. I see that some of the neighbors are doing the same. I'll have good company!

No comments: