Monday, May 9, 2011

Lovely weekend, lovely weather!




I enjoyed watching the Derby with a few close friends and Aliyah and Elle. Earlier in the day, I wrote my choices for winners. They were Mucho Macho Man, Animal Kingdom and Shackleford, who finished 3rd, 1st. and 4th. So I've decided that next year will be the year I go to the Derby...just one trip on my bucket list...and experience it in person. Who knows? Maybe I will even bet. Can't do the hat thing though:P Sunday was very nice, as Aliyah and I got caught up with a few church friends and listened to the Contemporary Choir. Afterward we planted the 6 blackberry plants from Eva. I can't wait until next year to enjoy them. I also received several beautiful plants, and several dozen roses. Kristin, a friend and co-worker, made me a wonderful torte with pineapple, cream cheese, and whipping cream. It was very light, and quite good. Thanks to her for being so thoughtful! Last night we ended the day with a cook out and a nice visit with the girls good friend Devin. Earlier in the day, Elle and I took JP walking on the Eldorado Marsh trail, and of course he had to find all the water and tromp around in it. I'd forgotten that lovely, swampy wet dog smell! Today is a day to get caught up with a few errands and do some bill paying, and then off to Manitowoc tomorrow to have lunch with my Mom and celebrate her upcoming birthday.

No comments: