Tuesday, October 23, 2007

busiest work week in a long time

I feel badly about going away for a 4 day weekend, and leaving my fellow staff to the funerals here at the parish. It's been the busiest week I can remember, at 7 funerals this week and last, and more plannings on the docket. Our little camping outing to High Cliff State Park will be a welcome respite for me. Rick and Eva will join us on Friday after classes. Elle and I will set up Thursday, with Paul joining us Saturday evening through Sunday. Jo's really busy too with the art auction event at Roncalli on the weekend, but if she finds time she might join us for the Saturday haunted hayride with the kids. Years ago Eva used to wander around the woods and play violin music for the Little Farmer during their Halloween event. One year, Eva was dressed in a flowing dress, and one little girl thought she was a ghost! Funny. Tuesday nights at home are quiet. It's the only day with nothing extra after school, so we're planning to carve pumpkins and roast seeds...always a lot of fun. I also caught a UW soccer game over the weekend. The weather was great, and they won. It had rained before though, and the uniforms were all mud. Wouldn't want to clean them :) I must try to get a picture of Aliyah today. Her school had wacky hair day, and she looked just like Don King!

No comments: